Join the Crown Paving Team as a Paver Operator
We are currently seeking professionals to fill our Asphalt Paving Operator positions for building various projects such as commercial parking lots, city streets, and country roads. These jobs will be located primarily in the greater Nashville area. The successful candidate for this role will have an uncompromising focus on safety and reliability.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Ability to pave according to DOT and commercial specifications
- Must be able to Utilize pedals, levers and steering wheel to control direction and speed of machine and maneuver into operating position
- Communicate with Dump Truck Drivers for proper operation; control pushing of preceding Dump Truck to maintain flow of asphalt into hopper and thickness of asphalt installation
- Use of levers and switches to control burners, screed width, etc. Understand, meet and plan grade cross slope requirements.
- Ability to set flow, adjust screed crown and strike off, and operate equipment holding a straight line.
- Performs pre-starting check of fluids (oil, coolant, etc.) and inspection for damage.
- May be required to perform other labor/operator related tasks (based on experience, abilities, knowledge of incumbent and direction of Foreman) as necessary in assisting crew with job completion
Crown Paving is a drug-free workplace providing extensive benefits, strong compensation, and a safe and secure working environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging all to apply.