Join the Crown Paving team as a Construction Equipment Mechanic
Crown Paving, LLC. is built from three generations of experience. We founded Crown Paving with a purpose: to use our talent and knowledge to build a business that provides top-quality service to the community we care about and creates jobs for hard-working people. Partner with Crown Paving as we work toward our mission to redefine the paving industry through unsurpassed quality and reliability. If you are motivated, hardworking and wish to take control of your career, we welcome you to come and join the Crown Paving Family! This position is a paid an hourly rate, depending on experience.
This position works closely with shop supervisor, truck drivers, crew foremen and loader operators.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Repair of construction vehicles and equipment along with providing preventative maintenance.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- May be required to travel to the jobsite for repairs or troubleshoot equipment
- All other duties assigned
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
- Basic computer skills
- Strong preventative maintenance background along with fabricating and welding
- 3-5 years cab and chassis experience
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair the following: diesel and gas engines, suspensions, hydraulic systems, electrical systems and air brakes.
- Prior construction industry equipment experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Team player and Reliable
- Able to work in dynamic fast paced environment
- Must have own tools
- CDL not required but is a plus
- Pass Pre-employment Drug Screen
Crown Paving is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Hourly – Depending on Experience